The Reality Of Now

The Reality Of Now


The sweet aroma of roses fade into a distant memory
Blackened pedals drift silently to the hardwood floor
Only to be swept away by a soft summer breeze

The light tickle of ivory once beckoned her embrace
Now as it echoes off these empty walls, it haunts me
Finding little consolation in my beliefs, I drown in her


Caring not to hear only a faint whisper on the wind
I long for my ears to bleed from her screaming my name
As my fingers glide across this cold faded photograph

I writhe in agony to feel her velvet skin beneath my touch
As night falls the endless silence becomes deafening

Alone with my memories of her, I pray for endless sleep

Wishing I could still smell her perfume on this empty satin
I clutch her pillow and silently whisper her name
Hoping to fade into darkness, never to rise again

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how well I can relate to this!
I met someone a couple of years ago that helped me through some really tough times. I felt that I could tell him anything and trust me, thats not something I ever feel comfortable with doing. But there was just something about him that made feel safe and as it turned out, we had more in common than I thought. We became close, although he lived many miles away I felt closer to him than I had any other man I’d ever met before. Then, after trying to move closer to where I live and finding that he’d be unable to, we kind of broke communications. I emailed him a few days ago and hope to hear from him soon. I miss him and hope that there’s still a chance that the milesbetween us will lessen.